1) What one event from your lifetime would you change if you could, and why? I would have followed my head not my heart, or perhaps have been less stubborn, and walked away from a toxic relationship far sooner than I did.
|Sorry, Babs, but this right here is bullshit|
2) If you could give one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be and how old would your younger self be when they got it? Do you think your younger self would listen? I would have advised myself to be less self-critical, especially about my looks and body image. I don't know if I would have listened.
3) Would you be any good on Survivor? I've never seen Survivor, so I may be wrong about this, but it looks like there's a lot of running around in the woods and eating food cooked over a campfire, so I would suck at it.
4) What's a safety rule that's very important to you? I always stand behind the yellow line when I wait for the train, and get nervous when I see commuters who don't.
5) What would you like to say to people in the future? "I never supported Donald Trump." Though I would wager that, come 2027, many people who did vote for him will say the same. I lived through this with Nixon. He got 60% of the popular vote in 72 (Trump got 46% in 2016) and within a decade, you had a hard time finding anyone who would admit being a Nixon supporter.
6) What's your favorite dish to bring to a summer cookout? Last time I was called upon to do this, I brought a fruit bowl.
7) How much time have you spent outdoors this week? Precious little.
8) Where do you set your thermostat? On the wall. (Sorry. I was possessed by the spirit of Bud there for a moment.)
9) How did you learn to swim? When I was in grammar school, I took a week of lessons every summer at the local high school.
10) How do you avoid overheating? I stay indoors.
11). What are you going to do this weekend? This weekend is just about over. I haven't done a lot. I've been tired and kinda moody. Some of my friends are facing health challenges, and I don't like embracing our mortality.
12) What’s your favorite way to spend time? Baseball, movies, books. Cuddling my cats.
13) What’s the most useless thing you own that you would never get rid of? Oh, I have tons of shit around here and I have no idea why I retain it.
14) Have you started planning your next vacation? Yes. Hotel and flights are booked for Key West Christmas, 2022.
15) Are you very active, or do you prefer to just relax in your free time or is it one and the same to you? I am a slug.