Sunday Stealing: The Musical Perceptions Meme
1. Where did you grow up? In a small suburb about a half hour -- and a complete lifestyle -- away from Chicago.
2. Where do you live now? In a far more diverse village closer to my beloved Chicago.
3. What do you think about religion? A) That it's enriched my life tremendously; B) That my relationship with Christ is personal; C) Politicians who pimp their faith for power and gain should reread the Constitution ("no religious test should ever be required to any office ...") and the story of the moneychangers in the New Testament. Little offends me more than showy piety. Live your faith but don't try to legislate it. That's unAmerican.
4. When did you start using online social media? Well, I've been blogging for a decade. I can't recall when I joined Facebook and Twitter.
5. What did you study to be? I didn't study to be anything. I was the laziest and most unfocused student ever.
6. How are you at this point of your career? Tired.
7. Do you use your real name on a blog? NO!
8. Do people you work with read your blog? Hell no!
9. Are you on the job market? Why? What have you heard?
10. If you could go back in time to meet someone famous but now deceased, who would it be? My all-time idol, JBKO. But I wouldn't want to go back in time -- I'd like to somehow converse with her today. I want to ask her about this most unusual political season. And there are two big film bios about to come out -- a miniseries and a movie. I wonder how this most private of women would feel about still being such a source of fascination, long after her death.