Sunday Stealing: The Stupid Evil Bastard Meme
Cheers to all of us thieves!
1. What time did you get up this morning? 7-ish
2. How do you like your steak? Medium
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The Fighter. Mark Wahlberg. Sigh.
4. What is your favorite TV show? NCIS. Mark Harmon. Sigh.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? That one town that won't let you down. Chicago -- my kind of town.
6. What did you have for breakfast? Salmon omelet. (I went out.)
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Lately I've been very into Italian.
8. What foods do you dislike? "I don't like beets," she said, remembering SCTV.
9. Favorite Place to Eat? Monk's Pub.
10. Favorite dressing? French
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? Public transportation
12. What are your favorite clothes? Jeans
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Manhattan
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? Yes. Meaning my optimism/pessimism depends on the circumstance
15. Where would you want to retire? Here.
16. Favorite time of day? Noon
17. Where were you born? In a hospital about 40 miles from Chicago
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Cubs baseball. (If you have to ask, you don't come here often.)
19. Who do you think will never call you again? There's an ex that I would love to say will never call me again, but he does have an unfortunate and distressing tendency to reach out to me every now and again. I think his conscience bothers him and trust me when I say: it should.
20. Person you expect to call you next? My nephew
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to Stealing? Bud
22. Bird watcher? No
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? Morning, I guess
24. Do you have any pets? Joey, Charlotte and Reynaldo -- three cats who liven up my home
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share? My friend John is on the mend!
26. What did you want to be when you were little? A great singer. As in, "Every task you undertake becomes a piece of cake ..."
27. What is your best childhood memory? Going to see the aforementioned Mary Poppins was a huge, big, magical deal
28. Are you a cat or dog person? Well, cats fit my lifestyle right now. But I love dogs, too, so I guess I struggle with the concept.
29. Are you married? No.
30. Always wear your seat belt? In the front seat.
31. Been in a car accident? Little fender benders. Nothing major.
32. Any pet peeves? People who take up more than one seat on the train. "Excuse me, did you pay an extra fare for that backpack?"
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Sausage
34. Favorite Flower? Marigolds
35. Favorite ice cream? Mint chocolate chip
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Five Guys Burgers and Fries
37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test? Passed on my first attempt
38. Who did you get your last email from? Oh, don't make me toggle over there to check! It was probably spam.
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Nine West
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Ducked out and went to see The Fighter this afternoon
41. Like your job? Most of the time
42. Broccoli? It's OK
43. What was your favorite vacation? A trip I took about four years ago, to visit my best friend and to see Greg Maddux pitch in LA
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? John
45. What are you listening to right now? Streisand
46. What is your favorite color? Cubbie blue
47. How many tattoos do you have? None
48. How many times have you tagged someone to do a meme? I don't recall. It's been quite a while
49. What time did you finish this meme? 11:54 PM on Saturday
50. Coffee Drinker? Nope.
These are the thoughts and observations of me — a woman of a certain age. (Oh, my, God, I'm 65!) I'm single. I'm successful enough (independent, self supporting). I live just outside Chicago, the best city in the world. I'm an aunt and a friend. I feel that voices like mine are rather underrepresented online or in print. So here I am. If my musings resonate with you, please visit my blog again sometime.
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Posted by The Gal Herself at 1/15/2011 11:08:00 PM 4 comments:
Labels: meme, Sunday Stealing
So, Hello, Gorgeous!
I don't know why it always surprises me, but my all-time favorite underwear model is really very good on screen. I saw The Fighter today, and while yes, Christian Bale* is as good as you've heard, I found myself appreciating how quietly controlled Mark Wahlberg is, how he anchored the film. And, oh yes, his physique is still a thing of beauty and a joy forever.
*He bears no resemblance to Batman, none whatsoever. Not physically, not vocally. Impressive.
Posted by The Gal Herself at 1/15/2011 10:53:00 PM 4 comments:
Saturday 9: Wouldn't It Be Nice
1. What's the nicest thing a complete stranger ever did for you? I had just purchased a new microwave and was trying to get it home on the train. The box wasn't heavy but it was unwieldy, and as I got out of the cab at the train station, I tripped and fell hard on the curb. So I rode the train bloody and bruised with this enormous appliance box. As I prepared to get off the train, a gentleman (in every sense of the word) insisted on carrying the box for me ... off the train, onto the platform, down the stairs and all the way home. Really just a block, but a block out of his way. It was even nicer because he was kinda cute.
2. What one thing always speaks deeply to you, to your spirit, no matter your mood or what else is going on in your life? Music. For example, I find it impossible to be unhappy whenever I happen to hear "September" by Earth, Wind & Fire.
Lyrics | Earth, Wind & Fire - September lyrics
3. How many jobs have you held in your life? How many of those were part of your chosen career field? Eight jobs, six in my field.
4. Of those jobs, how many did you leave voluntarily? I left seven of those jobs voluntarily. Though since the other company went belly up, I suppose you could say that they quit me more than the other way around.
5. How did you discover Saturday 9? How long have you played? (Thank you for joining in!) I began playing in September, 2008. I discovered this meme through Mimi Lenox and/or Bud Wiser.
6. What's the worst beverage you've ever tasted? I have always hated tomato juice.
7. Is there anything in life you are "certain" about? Firm in your beliefs? Strong in your convictions? Lots of things. As my best friend likes to say, he wishes he was as sure of anything as I am of most things.
8. How did you come up with the title of your blog's posts? Often (like now) they just seem so obvious.
9. Would you consider yourself a good cook? That's funny. No. Emphatically no.
Posted by The Gal Herself at 1/15/2011 12:28:00 AM 3 comments:
Labels: meme, music, Saturday 9
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)