1. A person I like and why I like them. My oldest friend, because she makes me laugh.
3. Best thing that happened to me this week. I read a completely charming book: My Not So Perfect Life. It was "just" chick lit, but it was funny, well crafted, and I liked the protagonists. With the news pretty unremittingly bad these days, I enjoyed the time I spent with this book.
4. Weird things I do when I’m alone. I get up and stand in front of the TV when I'm really into what I'm watching. Example: Friday night, TCM showed Elvis: That's the Way It Is. I moved closer to the set to dance along with "Suspicious Minds." I sometimes touch the screen when my favorite Cub, Anthony Rizzo, is at bat. I'm sure I look quite ridiculous.
5. How I’d spend $10,000. Let's just assume this is after-tax money. The first $1,000 is split among my favorite charities. The second $1,000 goes into my checking account for happy "whatevers." The remaining eight goes into my home. (Extra mortgage payments? Much needed repairs? I don't know.)
6. My last night out in detail. Wow. It's been a while. Last month, I had dinner with my friend Nancy and her husband. We went to her favorite little "greasy spoon" restaurant. I had a grilled cheese/bacon sandwich, Nancy and her hubs had the chicken. We ate outside at a wrought iron table under an umbrella. I drank root beer, they had shakes.
7. Something that makes me sad when I think about it. That because of the virus I don't actually see people as much as I'd like to.
8. Something I’m currently worrying about. The current big project on my plate. Everything in the world is due on September 17. It makes my throat close up a bit, just thinking about.
9. Something I do without realizing. See #4.
10. A drunken story. I wasn't drunk, exactly. I was coming out of anesthetic after my colonoscopy. I was convinced I'd lost my keys. I reported them as lost to the hospital on the way out. When I got home, I got the extra keys I keep in the lock box I keep on the fence in the parking lot. I called a locksmith ... then I reached into my pocket. Guess what.
11. Something I regret. Reading the book Road to Jonestown last month. It's well told and well researched. But I never should have picked it up. The Peoples Temple mass suicide is not the saga I needed when I'm battling the blues during a pandemic.
12. 5 things within touching distance. My day planner (yes, I'm old school); my checkbook; one of my new Bic pens; a tissue (allergies are bad this morning); the letter from my cousin that I'm going to answer.
13. Something I’ve lied about. It's a lie of omission. When I talk to my oldest friend, I don't admit I looked at her novella on the website Wattpad. I couldn't read it objectively -- so many of the characters are thinly veiled versions of people I know (including me) -- so I don't want to discuss it.
14. Lyrics that apply to my current mood. Running on empty, running blind/I'm running into the sun, but I'm running behind.
15. My longest relationship