Sunday Stealing: The Blue Memory Meme, Part Two
26) Are you happy with the person you've become? Yes
27) What's a sound you hate; sound you love? HATE: The sound of cardboard scraping against cardboard (think packing boxes); LOVE: A cat's purr
28) What's your biggest "what if"? If I hadn't wasted too much time on the wrong man. But it's not productive so I try not to go there.
29) Do you believe in ghosts? Nope.
30) How about aliens? Nope.
31) What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far? To become a writer.
32) What's the worst place you have ever been to? Montello, Wisconsin
33) Can insanity bring on more creativity? Yes
34) Most attractive actor of your opposite gender? Mark Harmon, aka Gibbs, aka My TV Boyfriend
35) To you, what is the meaning of life? To help those less fortunate
36) Define “Art”. A diminutive form of the name "Arthur."
37) Do you believe in luck? Yes
38) In your opinion, what makes a great relationship? Acceptance
39) What's a song that always makes you happy when you hear it? "September" by Earth, Wind and Fire
40) Where were you yesterday? Here and there, busy preparing for Christmas
41) What's the worst injury you've ever had? If it counts as an injury, I'll go with that incision after having a few internal organs removed last September
42) Do you have any obsessions right now? Theo Epstein and the Cubs
43) What's up? Baking cookies, watching the NCIS marathon, preparing for Christmas
44) Ever had a rumor spread about you? God, yes. A couple were actually true.
45) Do you believe in real magic? Yes.
46) Do you ever hold grudges against people who have done you wrong? If grudge-holding was an Olympic event, I'd bring back the Gold.
47) What's your favorite (non-pet) animal? The okapi
48) What is your secret weapon to get people to like you? Apparent candor
49) Where is your best friend? This evening he is watching his youngest daughter perform in The Nutcracker Suite.
50) What do you think is Satan's last name? Bartman
These are the thoughts and observations of me — a woman of a certain age. (Oh, my, God, I'm 65!) I'm single. I'm successful enough (independent, self supporting). I live just outside Chicago, the best city in the world. I'm an aunt and a friend. I feel that voices like mine are rather underrepresented online or in print. So here I am. If my musings resonate with you, please visit my blog again sometime.
Saturday, December 10, 2011
Posted by The Gal Herself at 12/10/2011 07:54:00 PM 3 comments:
Labels: baseball, meme, music, Sigh, Sunday Stealing
1. Who or what bores you enough to mentally drift away? I can easily send my mind away to the happy place during staff meetings.
2. How many members of your family not living with you do you see on during the holidays? My (crazy) older sister and her family will be here with us for the first time in more than 25 years. I find this daunting, but I'm determined to roll with it.
3. When spending time with family, how long after you arrive do you begin to feel "antsy" about being there too long? Depends. Thanksgiving wasn't bad at all, but that "gotta move/gotta get out" feeling kicked in after about two hours. Yet I can spend entire afternoons with my mom and nephew. We'll see. I want Christmas 2011 to be a good one.
4. Does your family more generally get along at a holiday gathering or are there generally arguments? Yes. (Depends on the year.)
5. Are you ever embarrassed by your family around friends? No.
6. Of the celebrities that died in 2011, who will you miss the most?
7. When you watch a movie in a movie theater, do you like the theater filled to capacity, halfway full, or nearly empty? Does your answer change depending on the type of movie you're seeing or do you feel the same way regardless of the movie or genre? I don't care. Sorry.
8. What’s one really cool/useful/nice thing you purchased for yourself this year? I splurged a little and stayed in one of the historic houses on the grounds in Colonial Williamsburg. It was more expensive than the perfectly lovely lodge, but it was sooooo cool. (I'm doing it again this spring, too.)
9. Are you in the holiday spirit yet? Yes!
Posted by The Gal Herself at 12/10/2011 08:49:00 AM 3 comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)