Saturday 9: All I Have to Do Is Dream (1958)
1) Did you dream last night? My sleep has been fitful lately. Stress at work has caused me to have dreams about literally losing my way: I can't figure out how to get out of a strange house, or I've gotten confused in a new town and can't find my way back to the hotel. Never anything too scary, no real menace. But stressful and frustrating.
2) In this song, The Everly Brothers dream of kissing "lips of wine." Do you prefer red or white wine? Since menopause, I can't drink any wine any more. Even a thimbleful gives me a migraine.
6) One of Don's friends was author/storyteller Garrison Keillor and that's how the Everly Brothers came to perform on Keillor's radio program, A Prairie Home Companion. Do you often listen to the radio or to podcasts? I like TCM's The Plot Thickens and The History Chicks.
8) In 1958, the year this song was a hit, Americans were doing the Cuban dance, the cha-cha-cha. Do you ever dance or sing when you're home alone? Yes. Badly.
9) Random question -- Do you believe we each get one true love? I don't think love is finite, and so I believe we can each love many times during our lives. But I think there may be one that stands apart. As John Lennon sang, "In my life, I loved you more."