ARE ON MY MIND TODAY
1) When I consider all the homeless pets in overcrowded/underfunded shelters, I fight the urge to adopt another cat. I realize that my first responsibility is to the three cats I currently have. I couldn't provide the necessary attention, affection and vet care if I had four cats. If this concept makes sense to me as a cat mom, why didn't similar thoughts occur to the Octo Mom?
2) I thought my niece was really into her German class, so what's up with that F? She's been on honor roll every year since junior high, and now she flunks a course? At least it was her quarter, and not her semester, grade.
3) What happened to those football players in the Gulf of Mexico?
4) What if I made some HORRIBLE financial/investment mistake or I lose my job and I end up bankrupt?
5) The air at home is so dry that I get nosebleeds. So why can I never remember to fill the humidifiers?
6) I worry about my mother's short-term memory loss.
7) I'm no prude, but the sex scenes in The Reader made me very uncomfortable. That boy looked soooo young!
8) I can't decide if I want hardwood or tile flooring in my kitchen and dining area. But that's OK, because I can't afford either one right now.
9) I also can't decide which athlete I dislike more -- Kobe Bryant or Alex Rodriguez.
10) My boy cats, Joey and Rey, seem to view me as their mother, while my female feline, Charlotte, interacts with me on a more co-equal basis, as if we were buds.
11) If I had it to do all over again, I think I would have attempted a career as an historian.
12) I live for April 6: Cubs vs. Houston. This is the year.
13) I suspect that Nancy Grace not only wants "The Tot Mom" Casey Anthony to get the death penalty, she wants to give the lethal injection herself.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants