Saturday 9: Somewhere (1983)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
4) Early in her career, Barbra was pressured to have her nose fixed. She stubbornly refused, and did rather well anyway. Tell us about a time you resisted pressure. To this day I've never smoked. Not pot, nor a cigarette. And I won't.
6) One of Barbra's hit movies is The Way We Were, a love story about hopelessly mismatched lovers. Streisand always wanted to do a sequel and worked with a screenwriter on a treatment. Her costar, Robert Redford, refused. He simply was not interested in revisiting his character. Is there a movie series that you especially enjoy? The Thin Man movies. Love, love, love them.
7) Barbra met her husband, James Brolin, at a dinner thrown by friends. They hit it off immediately, but he had to leave the next day to begin a movie in Ireland, so they began their romance over the phone. Do you enjoy long phone calls? Would you prefer video calls (Zoom)? I'm a phone fan. Just naturally blabby, I guess.
8) On July 1, 1998, two years to the day after their first meeting, Barbra and Brolin married. It used to be that brides were advised against wearing white for their second wedding, but Barbra ignored that, wearing a white beaded gown. Do you believe brides should still avoid white the second time around? A bride should do whatever she wants. It's her day.
9) Random question: Is anyone on your bad side this morning? I'm trying to be positive. Not always succeeding, but trying!