Friday, November 19, 2021

Compassion Challenge -- Day 18

I'm encouraged to participate in this November challenge with my church congregation.

Inspiring Compassion: The 30 Day Compassion Challenge. 30 days to explore the topic of compassion: Mindfulness, Compassion for Friends & Family, Self-Compassion, Compassion for All, Compassion for Our Planet.

I have had Roy Hobbs for nearly a month now, and he's fine. Of course he is. Critters are my thing.

Yes, he was abused by his previous humans. The shelter warned me there might be problems. I knew there wouldn't be. I connect to animals. I get them, and they trust me.

When I first adopted Connie, nine years ago, she'd been labeled "special needs" because of her health problems. The shelter warned me I might have a hard time dosing her with her medication. I knew I wouldn't.

This is what I do. I'm good with animals.

I don't make friends so easily anymore. I can be insensitive and impatient with people. Yet I have almost limitless sensitivity and patience with animals. 

So while I acknowledge and appreciate my well of compassion for those who are smaller, weaker and dependent, I realize I need to work on my compassion for others.

 


1 comment:

  1. So glad that Roy Hobbs is doing well. i have a hard time making friends too. I get it. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.