These are the thoughts and observations of me — a woman of a certain age. (Oh, my, God, I'm 65!) I'm single. I'm successful enough (independent, self supporting). I live just outside Chicago, the best city in the world. I'm an aunt and a friend. I feel that voices like mine are rather underrepresented online or in print. So here I am. If my musings resonate with you, please visit my blog again sometime.
Sunday, June 24, 2012
Received a text from my best friend stating, "The whole state of Colorado is on fire." He's visiting his father, who lives about 55 miles away, and can see flames from the front porch!
I wanted to reply, "Why the fuck are you visiting your dad today, when you live an hour to the south where it's (still) safe?"
I will be happier when I hear my friend is ensconced in his own home, where he belongs.
Posted by The Gal Herself at 6/24/2012 03:17:00 PM 2 comments:
101. Name 4 things you always have with you. My keys, my glasses, my contact lens case and solution.
102. How many SERIOUS exes do you have? Two
103. What causes you to you admire people? Perseverance, brains
104. Do you like sports? I love Cubs baseball
105. Would you have sex after marriage? Why or why not? Isn't the point of getting married legally sanctioned sex?
106. What is your favorite male name? Michael
107. Do animals go to Heaven? First stop is the Rainbow Bridge
108. Last time you had a great time with your dad? He's been gone for decades. But the last one-on-one conversation we had was about his dad's watch. I recognized Grandpa's watch on his wrist and I was so happy to see it again. So we talked about Grandpa for a minute.
109. What is your favorite hair style? A nice, smooth chin-length bob. If only I could wear it!
110. Do you like your name? Not especially.
111. When was the last time that you quit your job? 10 years ago I laid myself off.
112. When you wake up, what is the first thing you think? "Is it a weekday or a weekend?"
113. Have you ever pulled an all-niter? God, yes
114. What is the perfect day for you? It involves a Cubs game and a rib eye
115. Last time you cleaned the bathroom? It could use a good scrub down right now. Are you volunteering to help?
116. Have you ever failed a grade? Why? No. I was a consistently average student.
117. Have you met anyone online? I met Book Mama and her lovely family for breakfast when they were vacationing in Chicago.
118. Have you ever smoked? No
119. Do you like celebrities? Some
120. Do you like traveling? I enjoy long train rides. I fly, but I don't enjoy it.
Posted by The Gal Herself at 6/24/2012 12:23:00 AM 4 comments:
Labels: baseball, meme, Sunday Stealing
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)