Saturday, October 10, 2009
Sunday Stealing: The Magical Mystery Tour Meme
1. Is there anybody you just wish would fall off the planet? Not at the moment. Which is refreshing.
2. How do you flush the toilet in public? With my hand. Unless I'm visiting my client. In that office, the handle is a foot pedal.
3. Do you wear your seatbelt in the car? Always. Except in cabs. I always forget when I'm in a cab.
4. Do you have a crush on someone? Yes.
5. Name one thing you worry about running out of. Coca Cola. That's why it's perennially on my shopping list.
6. What famous person do you (or other people) think you resemble? I used to hear that I looked like Cruise Director Julie McCoy. But since the Love Boat has been off the air, I get that way less often.
7. What is your favourite pizza topping? It changes. I've gone through sausage and pepperoni phases, but now I'm back to plain cheese. (It is just me, or did that sound rather vulgar?)
8. Do you crack your knuckles? No.
9. What song do you hate the most? Can't Smile Without You.
10. Did just mentioning that song make it get stuck in your head? "I feel sad when you're sad, feel glad when you're glad ..." Barf bag, please.
11. What are your super powers? I am never at a loss for words.
12. Peppermint or spearmint? Peppermint.
13. Where are your car keys? My key ring is in a basket near the front door. If I had a car, its key would be there.
14. Last song you listened to? "F-me Pumps" by Amy Winehouse.
15. What's your most annoying habit? Amazingly, it's the same as my super power.
16. Where did you last go on vacation? Chateau Elan
17. What is your best physical feature? My nose
18. What CD is closest to you right now? Love Is the Answer by Barbra Streisand
19. What 3 things can always be found in your refrigerator? Orange juice, Coke and cat food
20. What superstition do you believe/practice? I have probably tossed $200 in pennies in fountains while making wishes.
21. What colour are your bed sheets? White with intersecting blue and red lines.
22. Would you rather be a fish or a bird? Fish. I like water.
23. Last thing you broke? A bowl.
24. What are you having to eat tonight? Meat loaf
25. What colour shirt are you wearing? Gray
26. If you could be doing anything else today, what would you rather be doing? Talking to my best friend.
27. Do security cameras make you nervous? No, I find them comforting. I often wave at them.
28. If you wrote a book about your life, what would the title be? The Thing of It Is
29. Last time you went to a cemetery? Key West Cemetery. It sounds odd to say, but it's a very entertaining place.
30. Last concert you went to? Brooooooce, last spring
31. Favourite musician(s)/bands you've seen in concert? Sir Paul.
32. Next concert you're planning to attend? I have no plans
33. Do you talk to yourself? Yes
34. Have you ever adopted or purchased a pet? My life has been filled with shelter rescue fur babies
35. Have you ever been present when an animal is being born? My guppies.
Saturday 9: Lie to Me
1. Can you tell when someone is lying to you? Sometimes. Not always. It's not like I have a sixth sense or anything.
2. Tell us about one of your flaws. Do you live with it or try to correct it? I'm a slob and a packrat. I wrestle with it periodically.
3. When was the last time you laughed hard and what struck you as funny? My friend, John, and I were comparing notes on recent doings on The Nancy Grace Show. As always, it was in very bad taste and I'm embarrassed to repeat it here. (But it was funny.)
4. Tell us about a time when you should have tried harder. A few times last month (too many times last month) I felt too droopy to workout. Even though I know in my heart that if I had exerted myself and got the blood pumping and the endorphins going, I wouldn't have felt as droopy.
5. If you won the lottery, what would you buy first? Does paying off my credit cards count as buying something? If not, then I'll say buying my mom a series of gift cards that she can use at the grocery store. She hates having to economize at the grocery store.
6. What movie do you know every word to? "You'll never find anyone as good for you as I am, to believe in you as much as I do or love you as much!" That's K-k-k-katie from The Way We Were.
7. What was the best thing that happened to you this week? The bowling party with kids from the community center.
8. What was the worst thing that happened to you this week? Oh, I dunno … A sense of loss that accompanies the end of the baseball season. It may sound corny, but I'm going to miss the Cubs.
9. What do you think is the biggest difference between men and women? This isn't an original observation, I was introduced to it by my shrink: Men talk less. Sometimes it seems that they are allotted a certain number of words in a day and that's it.