1. Joints: It helps maintain cartilage
2. Mouth: It's important to creating saliva
3. Teeth: It contains no sugar, and sugar causes decay
4. Skin: It can help reduce premature wrinkling and sagging
5. Brain: Dehydration can cause fuzzy thinking
6. Body temperature: Water helps me sweat, and sweat keeps me cool (maybe I don't care about this right now, but I will soon)
7. Gut: More water makes constipation less likely
8. Blood pressure: Dehydration can lead to high blood pressure
9. Nose and throat: Dehydration can exacerbate asthma and sinus issues
10. Kidneys: More water makes kidney stones less likely
11. Weight: Few calories than Coke ... or just about anything else!
12. Nutrition: It helps carry vitamins, minerals and nutrients to my organs
13. Headaches: Migraine sufferers, like me, report a reduction in "frequency and severity"when we stay sufficiently hydrated
More water? YES, PLEASE!
Please join us for THURSDAY THIRTEEN. Click here to play along, and to see other interesting compilations of 13 things.