Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Thursday Thirteen #250

Thirteen reasons to drink more water. That's my New Year's Resolution: to drink more water. As we're into Month 3 of 2022, I thought it would be good to remind myself why regular intake of H2O is good for me and my --

1. Joints: It helps maintain cartilage

2. Mouth: It's important to creating saliva

3. Teeth: It contains no sugar, and sugar causes decay

4. Skin: It can help reduce premature wrinkling and sagging

5. Brain: Dehydration can cause fuzzy thinking

6. Body temperature: Water helps me sweat, and sweat keeps me cool (maybe I don't care about this right now, but I will soon)

7. Gut: More water makes constipation less likely

8. Blood pressure: Dehydration can lead to high blood pressure

9. Nose and throat: Dehydration can exacerbate asthma and sinus issues

10. Kidneys: More water makes kidney stones less likely

11. Weight: Few calories than Coke ... or just about anything else!

12. Nutrition: It helps carry vitamins, minerals and nutrients to my organs

13. Headaches: Migraine sufferers, like me, report a reduction in "frequency and severity"when we stay sufficiently hydrated

More water? YES, PLEASE!



Please join us for THURSDAY THIRTEEN. Click here to play along, and to see other interesting compilations of 13 things.

  

 

7 comments:

  1. I have been consciously drinking more water for the past year or so and it DOES make a big difference. Many more trips to the bathroom, ;-) and many, many other good things. Hope you have a nice Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep a glass of water at my desk and go through a gallon a day. I use a filtered water pitcher and have to refill it daily so that's how I know I am drinking a gallon. I haven't had a soda since September 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gone to get a drink. I often forget. We have great water up here in the Mountains. Sometimes I add a little Emergence C. I also like black cherry spritzer water. No calories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Living in a climate where the humidity this time of year is a whopping 13, water is vital. It was AWFUL, when I was having the issues with low sodium levels, to have to cut out anything with water and just drink milk. Ugggg. So glad I've got that sorted out now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am trying, but it's still sooooo blah. Diet Coke is still leading the way. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. All good reasons to drink water. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does this show as my second comment? Sorry. I don’t know if it’s me, the ipad, or blogger that seem to not publish when I click the button some time. Old lady losing mind here, lol. I love the taste of clean mountain water, a memory now.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.