1) This music video was produced by Mike Nesmith of The Monkees. Can you name a Monkees song? "Here we come, walking down the street, we get the funniest looks from everyone we meet ... HEY, HEY, WE'RE THE MONKEES!"
2) The song includes the foreign sounding phrases, "Oh jambali Tom bo li d, say de moi ya," and "Oh, Jambo Jumbo!" Mr. Richie meant to include language indigenous to the Caribbean, but was writing the song under deadline and simply made those phrases up instead. Tell about the most recent time you cheated or "cut corners." After work on Friday I was going to get a little exercise by walking around town as I did my errands. But then the bus happened by and I rode home. Bad Gal! Lazy Gal!
3) Richie was a frat boy at college. Kappa Kappa Psi, to be exact. Were you a member of a fraternity or sorority? No.
4) When this song topped the charts (September 1983), Vanessa Williams became the first African American to be crowned as Miss America. Do you watch beauty pageants? No.
5) Since it's Labor Day weekend, that holiday established to celebrate the American worker, let's talk about the workplace. Tellers work in a bank, actors work on a stage or a set, auto workers work on an assembly line. How would you describe your workplace? A clown car. Four of us squeezed into an office space originally meant for two. It sucks.
6) An estimated 40% of us have dated a coworker. Have you ever had an office romance? Yes. Often. When I was younger I worked crazy long hours and it was the only chance I had to meet people.
8) Mother Winters won't wear white again now until next Memorial Day. Sam thinks that's just crazy. Where do you fall in this heated mother/daughter debate? I don't think it matters.
9) When you look at back on Summer 2014, what will you remember? Beginning my bathroom renovation. I'm glad I did it. Looking at my new medicine chest and lights make me happy.