Today, I …
• Noticed how beautiful the sky was. The green of the Millennium Park trees looked so pretty against the clean, pale blue.
• Wrestled with a difficult project, but I think I conquered it
• Followed up with Cigna about my short term disability claim
• Was mad at my shrink for not submitting my bill to the insurance company yet, as I asked her to weeks ago
• Then got home to receive a message that she won't be seeing any patients at all until October 1, "family emergency." I think it's related to her husband's cancer. Now I feel guilty.
• Joked with Kathleen about my stapler cyst.
• Admitted I was afraid about my upcoming surgery to one of the (very nice) higher ups who came by my office to say he'd heard I was going to be out for a while, that I'd be missed, and (while he didn't want to pry) he hopes I'll come back healthier than before.
• Apologized to my mom for being so weird.
• Listened to my oldest friend complain about her selfish former in-laws and entitled son.
• Worried about money.
• Played with the new purse I bought.
I feel like at one point or another today, I felt just about every emotion. Happy, sad, guilty, cheap, wicked …
These are the thoughts and observations of me — a woman of a certain age. (Oh, my, God, I'm 65!) I'm single. I'm successful enough (independent, self supporting). I live just outside Chicago, the best city in the world. I'm an aunt and a friend. I feel that voices like mine are rather underrepresented online or in print. So here I am. If my musings resonate with you, please visit my blog again sometime.
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
All of life, in one day
Posted by The Gal Herself at 8/31/2011 07:05:00 PM 1 comment:
August Happiness Challenge -- Day 30
What Not to Wear. I saw my first episode of the new season! I like how the cameras drop in on the episode's subject a few weeks after the "big reveal." It's good to see if the new clothes, make up and especially hair are easy to keep up.
Posted by The Gal Herself at 8/31/2011 12:02:00 AM 1 comment:
Labels: August Happiness Challenge, TV
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)