1. Name a TV show series in which you have seen every episode at least twice: Friends and MASH come to mind
2. Name a show you can't miss: This Is Us
3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to watch a show: Alan Alda. Loved him as Hawkeye and enjoyed him on The West Wing. There's a rumor that he might go on tour with Love Letters, and if he does and he comes to Chicago, I'll be there.
4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to watch a show: Larry David. I know everyone else in America thinks he's funny, but I cannot stand him.
5. Name a show you can, and do, quote from: Friends. "We were on a break." "Could you BE more ..." "He's her lobster."
6. Name a show you like that no one else enjoys: NCIS
7. Name a TV show which you've been known to sing the theme song: "When you find your own true love, you will know it by his smile and the look in his eye ...." Appointment TV for every girl in my junior high school. (What? You don't remember Bobby Sherman?)
8. Name a show you would recommend everyone to watch: This Is Us
9. Name a TV series you own: An entire series? None. I have the first three seasons of Moonlighting, but I didn't invest in the last two seasons because I didn't like them the first time.
10. Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium, but has surprised you with his/her acting chops in television: Let's spin this the other way. Who knew Gidget and The Flying Nun was such a wonderful actress?
11. What is your favorite episode of your favorite series? The episode of Friends where Joey puts on all Chandler's clothes and Monica fixates on whether the message she left on her ex's answering machine was "breezy enough."
12. Name a show you keep meaning to watch, but you just haven't gotten around to yet: The Crown
13. Ever quit watching a show because it was so bad? Seinfeld. I know, I know. Everyone but me loves it. But I thought it was hostile and depressing.
14. Name a show that's made you cry multiple times: Downton Abbey. Just remembering when Mr. Carson consoled Lady Mary after the death of Matthew, I well up. "You cry, m'lady. You have a good cry." Couldn't we all use a Mr. Carson in our lives?
And that's just one episode. Remember when Lady Sybil died? Remember when Isis the Dog died? Remember WWI?
15. What do you eat when you watch TV? It changes. Lately I've been reaching for Ritz Crackers.
16. How often do you watch TV? Constantly.
17. What's the last TV show you watched? Right now, I'm watching a special on about TCM's Robert Osborne. I adored that man.
18. What's your favorite/preferred genre of TV? Sitcoms, I suppose
19. What was the first TV show you were obsessed with? Batman. When my favorite uncle was in Vietnam, this little gal used to keep him up to date with every episode. He was so amused by this he kept those letters, which we found after his death. It made me so happy to know that my oh-so-serious ramblings about Gotham City brought him some comfort when he was in that faraway jungle.
20. What TV show do you wish you never watched? It's a tossup -- Curb Your Enthusiasm or Seinfeld. I hate to keep ragging on those shows, but you keep asking!
21. What's the weirdest show you enjoyed? Autopsy: The Last Hours of ... on REELZ. (Don't judge me.)
22. What TV show scared you the most? Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.
23. What is the funniest TV show you have ever watched? Friends