1. When is the last time you went out to a meal with someone special? Tell us about it. In the past month I've been out three times. After more than a year of observing covid protocol, each one felt special. I went to Shake Shack with Elaine from movie group, to my favorite pub with Nancy and her husband, and to our favorite burger joint with my nephew.
3. What is the funniest thing a man/woman has said to you lately? Oh, if Bud were here, he'd make a man/woman crack. But I'll leave the comedy stylings to him. A former coworker of mine recently admitted that, when he's working from home alone all day, he pretends he's Rod (Twilight Zone) Serling and narrates his life for his dog. "Imagine, if you will, a college graduate who cannot fathom how to use a Terra Kaffe coffee machine," "Submitted for your approval: a boss who actually says things like, 'in it to win it,' and 'teamwork makes the dreamwork.'" He says his dog stares deeply into his eyes, as though he finds the narration riveting.
4. What makes a gentleman a gentleman in today’s dating world? Are there any left? The same thing, I suppose, that makes a lady a lady: Respect for the feelings of others. And yes, nice people are out there!
5. Is there anything you won’t tolerate when out to dinner with your significant other? I'm very intolerant of intolerance. Don't try to call it the "China Virus" or "Kung Flu" around me. Don't dismiss something as "gay" or "retarded." You're not telling it like it is. You're being an asshole.
6. What type of ambiance do you enjoy in an eating establishment? Friendly and unpretentious.
7. Tell us about the worst public dining experience you ever had, whether it be a date or with your family. I endured some family dinners that were unbelievably tense.
8. What is the lamest or rudest thing a man/woman has said to you lately? Nothing comes to mind.
9. Are you a good tipper? Better than I was. The pandemic made me more appreciative of delivery people.
10. Do you ask for doggie bags when you leave food on your plate at a restaurant? If I'm leaving the food on my plate because the portion was too big, yes. If I'm the food on my plate because I didn't like it, no.
11. What is your pet peeve about restaurants and dining out in general? I'm so happy to be back out there, enjoying the world again, that I've got nothing for this.
12. Do you prefer to order yourself or do you ever let your significant other order for you? I don't have a significant other. Though I once had a boyfriend who was a real beer snob and could not abide my fondness for Miller Lite. He'd say: "Sam Adams for me and monkey piss for the lady."
13. Describe your most intimate romantic dinner ever. (fantasy or real) The night Sir Paul got all dressed up -- even a flower in his lapel! -- and proceeded to woo with me wine and song.
14. Do you enjoy piano bars? Not in more than a decade. I can't even think of one anywhere near me.
15. If you could go anywhere in the world for dinner, where would it be and who would you be with? I'd love to go back to Vegas with my oldest friend. We had such fun there, and I miss her.