Saturday, January 15, 2011

So, Hello, Gorgeous!


I don't know why it always surprises me, but my all-time favorite underwear model is really very good on screen. I saw The Fighter today, and while yes, Christian Bale* is as good as you've heard, I found myself appreciating how quietly controlled Mark Wahlberg is, how he anchored the film. And, oh yes, his physique is still a thing of beauty and a joy forever.


*He bears no resemblance to Batman, none whatsoever. Not physically, not vocally. Impressive.

4 comments:

  1. what a sweet thing he is!! yikes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was one gorgeous man in those briefs, wasn't he? (I will always think of him as "Marky Mark".)

    Surprisingly (to me), he's become a good actor and in general, I like him. I don't always watch the kinds of films he's in but I have a rather positive feeling for him. (Might be those six-pack abs. I wonder if he fondly recalls those days. He looked AMAZING)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That grin on his face is the definition of insouciant, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marky Mark always makes me drool. On screen, as a teen, rapping, getting nominated for Oscars, creating hit TV shows. You name it. I'm glad that he had the help of some supportive folks to pull him out of the criminal life he was leading and allow him the opportunity to turn things around. I admire that he has never shied away from his past actions.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.