Saturday, October 13, 2012

At least she's not obstructing me

The Evil Older Sister made her way to my mailbox today.

10 days ago I sent her a letter explaining why the first of her get-rich-off-Mom schemes (that we sell our mother's house and make a ton of money) won't work and asking her to sign a letter to the company that holds the reverse mortgage to our mother's house. She returned it in the self-addressed, stamped envelope I enclosed, but she didn't include a check or even a note.

She's not going to pay another cent on our mother's funeral. She's going to stick me with all of it. I keep hoping I'm wrong about her, but she keeps showing me I'm not.

Oh well, at least she's not getting in the way of me and the lawyer I have chosen. Even though she doesn't approve of him.

My kid sister, on the other hand, is incommunicado. This week she was supposed to hire someone to run an estate sale at my mother's house. I have not heard a word from her. I realize this is difficult for her -- it's difficult for me, too.

I wish I had a ME I could dump responsibility onto!

3 comments:

  1. So sorry, Gal. How awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your older sister is not standing in your way as you try to deal with all the decisions. And I hope your younger sister gets her flow back and gets to work with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully the lawyer is able to work you through it quickly so you can move past the "money and stuff" part and deal with the loss of your mom, the person.

    A few deep breaths, then back into the brink.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.