Saturday, February 05, 2022

Again? Really?

I just received my fifth (5th!) jury summons. I'm a patriotic old gal. I believe in doing my civic duty. But come on!

Over my lovely lifetime, I've already received four of these. After voir dire, I've served twice (the first was a murder trial). I think I've done my part. Especially when I think of all the people I know who haven't been called more than once.


Oh, well. I'm supposed to call an 800 number on Tuesday 2/22 to confirm whether or not I'm truly needed. Maybe this time I'll be dismissed before I'm called. And, if they need me, I won't try to get out of it. I was a Girl Scout, and I guess I'm still one deep inside.


2 comments:

  1. I used to get called to jury duty a lot when we lived in Arizona - I mean like once a year. I usually got excused when my youngest son was still in elementary school, but finally I did go in and was questioned. I was excused because I don't drink at all, and the defendant was supposedly drunk when the crime was committed. Go figure. If you do get called in, I hope you get an interesting case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been called twice and was not chosen both times because I was a journalist. I would love to be called now that I'm sort of semi-retired.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.