Sunday, January 13, 2019

Sunday Stealing

STORYWISE

1. The strangest place you've ever been. I never considered it "strange," but I remember seeing raised eyebrows when I went to Hot Springs, AR, year after year. It boasts nice, affordable -- if not luxurious -- spas, good food and some wonderful natural wonders. For example, I love this waterfall. The water flowing over the rocks is just naturally 143º, which accounts for the steam. It's completely enchanting.


 
 
2. Unusual food combinations you enjoy. I prefer ketchup on my fish to tartar sauce. Don't judge me.
 
 
3. Your best cure for hiccups. Waiting them out.
 
 
4. Something you have never done but would like to try. A horse-drawn sleigh ride through the snow.
 
 
5. A routine you do every day without fail. I cleanse, exfoliate, and moisturize my face each morning. (I wish I was as dedicated to skincare at night.)
 
 
6. Something new you've recently learned. I'm reading a book about Princess Diana, a memoir by her personal secretary. I didn't realize how much behind-the-scenes diplomatic work the Royal Family does for the UK. They are very effective trade ambassadors, and their overseas trips (like Megan and Harry's recent jaunt to Australia) do benefit their subjects.
 
 
7. Your keenest sense. Righteous indignation.
 
 
8. Whether you prefer cooking or cleaning up. I don't mind doing dishes.
 
 
9. Where were you the last time you saw the sun rise. At the airbnb suite I stayed in while my bathroom was being remodeled. It was right here in my hometown, but the windows face east whereas mine here at home face west. It was something of a revelation to see the sun go up over the treetops.

 
10. A recent time you were embarrassed. In June, I literally walked into a glass wall. I'd been taking painkillers for my kidney stone, but thought I was OK. I kinda wasn't. I should have worked from home. My cheeks still burn when I think of it.
 
 
11. An everyday sound that delights you. Cat purr.
 
 
12. The last conversation you had with a stranger. I enjoyed chatting with my Uber driver yesterday.


10 comments:

  1. I've wanted to go to Hot Springs for years...ever since reading there is a lot of good antiquing there, too.
    Ketchup on fish is the only way to go.
    I should be half as dedicated to skin care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your strang place... Id go there in a second... so beautiful, serene!!! Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had really good luck with Uber/Lyft drivers who have been pleasant and informative. I have only used those services when I've been in NYC, but I felt lucky they were so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to go to Hot Springs and it isn't that far from me! I think it would so relaxing.
    I also prefer ketchup on fish. Loved your answers! Have a great day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. 7. hahahaha.. love it. And your face will reward you for all the good care you give it now.
    Arkansas is a Geological hot spot, an interesting place for geologists, and mineralogists,too. Diamond mine there,too. Hope you have a great week, and not to unrelenting, weather wise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uber scares me and I know that's silly. But how do you know you're not getting in a car with an axe murderer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am afraid I agree with you, though are you any more certain with a taxi cab?

      Delete
  7. Wonder why people would raise their eyebrows? Hot Springs looks very nice. The baths, waterfalls, horse racing, gardens ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Purrrrrrrrr is a wonderful sound. :-) I like that photo of the springs. It does look magical.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the idea of the sleigh ride!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.