Sunday, July 04, 2021

Onward!

TCM has said that they are planning on a classic film festival in 2022. Festival veterans have done some investigating and discovered five consecutive days in April when the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel (ground zero for the festival) is completely booked. April is when the festival has been for the last decade. 

So I booked a room for that week at the Hollywood Celebrity Hotel, just a few blocks away from the Roosevelt (and far less luxurious or expensive). There's a no-fee cancellation policy, so why not?

The nice thing about no vacation in 2020 is that I've accumulated a ton of credit card airline miles. I can fly to Los Angeles for free.

I've had a rough week. I'm tired and a little blue. Booking this hotel seemed like a positive, optimistic thing to do.


1 comment:

  1. Hooray for the film festival! I love vicariously attending!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.