Saturday, August 20, 2022

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 20

Today's happiness -- People

I had no plans for today. I was OK with that. But then, my friend Mindy called and wanted to know if I could meet her and her hubs for a quick bite. They were in my neck of the woods, and who knows when all three of us will have a free sunny Saturday?

When I got home, I received a call from my friend Patrick who lives in Maine. We chatted for about an hour. At the end of the call, he said, "Love you," and I believe he does.

I don't reach out to people much anymore. With covid, I got out of the habit. Yeah, I could call [insert name here] for drinks or dinner, but then I'll have to put on a bra and spend money and oh, hell, isn't it easier to just stay home?

Yet this is not a healthy way to live life. I am always happy when my friends initiate contact and remember to include me in their plans and I'm grateful.

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.