Sunday, August 28, 2022

Sunday Stealing

UPSTREAM LIFE

1. Your favorite sport. To borrow from Robert Redford in The Natural, "God, I love baseball." Here is my current favorite picture of my favorite player, Anthony Rizzo of the (gulp!) Yankees. I will always wish he was still a Cub.

Isn't he lovely? Isn't he wonderful?

2. A quote to live by. "Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim." Nora Ephron.

3. A city in the US you would like to move to. I really don't want to live anywhere other than Chicago. I belong here. If I could live anywhere in Chicago, it would be The Palmolive Building. It's an art deco jewel, built in the 1920s. Sometimes, when I fly into O'Hare after dark, I can see its beacon. That was added to help guide Lucky Lindy in 1930. It offers really spectacular views. Now all I need is the $1,000,000 to buy in.

4. 3 beautiful little things in your life. I'm defining "beautiful" as things that lift my heart. 1) My cats; 2) day baseball; 3) buttery mashed potatoes.

5. What made you laugh today? I didn't laugh, but Willie Geist on Sunday Today did make me smile.

6. A good deed you did today. My you're demanding! I'm still in my pajamas! I just signed up to write for Letters Against Isolation.

7. Activities you like to do when you are bored. Fart around on the internet.

8. Are you a procrastinator? Good goobies, YES!

9. Your thoughts about dying. I hope it will be peaceful.

10. What super power would like to have? I would like your basic Samantha Stephens complement of powers: Teletransportation between locations, snapping my fingers to do housework, twitching my nose to make time stand still.

11. Top 3 Netflix series. Mostly I watch individual shows and movies on Netflix, not series. Sorry.

12.  Things you want to do before you die. I don't think in those terms.

13. Your biggest fears. Dying in a plane crash. Wouldn't teletransportation be much better?


14. What makes you angry? Conspiracy theorists.
The election was not stolen. Donald Trump is an elite, the scion of a New York real estate family, and not the victim of elites. Barack Obama was born in the United States. Bill Clinton did not put out a hit on Jeffrey Epstein. Ted Cruz' dad had nothing to do with the JFK assassination. And while we're talking about JFK, his son died in a plane crash before the turn of the millennium and he's not coming back. Just recounting this drivel gives me a headache. Can you imagine how desperately sad life must be like for people who believe this shit? 

15. Do you listen to podcasts? Sometimes. One I recently enjoyed was Born to Rule, about Prince Charles and the monarchy's next chapter. 


4 comments:

  1. Regarding #14: very sad. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #6 Very cool! #10 Snapping fingers to do housework would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to your fine example and mentions, I am not writing "Letters Against Isolation" as well. I COMPLETELY agree with you on #14. The whole conspiracy "stop the steal" stuff is NUTS!! I also agree that having Samantha Stephens' "Bewitched" powers would be cool. The Palmolive Building sounds like an interesting place to live if you have several million dollars kicking around. I hope you have a good week. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're feeling better--and I'm in total agreement with Samantha Stevens' superpowers!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.