Tuesday, August 16, 2022

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 11

Today's happiness -- Things come together nicely.

My oldest friend, who lives in Southern California, wanted to come to Chicago for The Fest for Beatle Fans. Since LAX-ORD is one of the most traveled flight plans in the country, and the Fest was held at a hotel right there at O'Hare, you'd think this would be easy to pull off. You would be wrong.

For reasons too complicated to go into, my friend ended flying Ontario to Midway, about 20 miles away from O'Hare. Instead of arriving Friday morning, as she had planned, she ended up with reservations for that would get her to Midway at about 6:00 PM on Thursday.

"So what?" I thought. Here's what: I'd forgotten our condo association meeting had been on the calendar for Thursday night @ 6:30 for weeks. I'm on the board so I couldn't get out of it. 

Because it took her an hour to retrieve her bag and travel the hour to the hotel by O'Hare, and because for once (!) my neighbors did not make the meeting go one minute longer than it needed to, my friend and I reached our hotel within 30 minutes of one another. Finally something about this excursion went according to plan.

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.