Tuesday, August 16, 2022

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 15

 Today's happiness -- Fresh air

Back home after four nights of hotel living. I like hotels. People clean up after you and there are tiny shampoos and conditioners and body lotion for your pleasure. But I missed being home with my cats. And I missed breathing fresh air.

I've had the windows open and the fans going since I came in my front door. Yes, I consider Mr. Willis Carrier a true American hero for inventing the air conditioner and I'm forever grateful. But I'd had enough recycled cold air at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare. I'm happy with that whir of my old box fan.

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.





3 comments:

  1. Fresh aire is a positive. I enjoy opening our back sliding door in the morning and getting some fresh air. If it wasn't so hot during the summer, I would go with fresh aire over AC all the time. Glad to hear you are back home with your kitties. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assumed you were at the film festival but wasn't sure. I'm glad you had a good time - but it is always nice to come home, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a hotel, too. And I know what you mean about being home.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.