Tuesday, August 16, 2022

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 13

 Today's happiness -- When my happies collide

Saturday was a lot of Lads at The Fest for Beatle Fans. We went to a Beatles trivia contest patterned on Jeopardy! but did not participate as contestants. We had too much fun being snarky in the stands. Then we listened to Peter Asher -- half of the British invasion duo Peter and Gordon, superstar producer of Linda Ronstandt, James Taylor and Diana Ross, and now host of a Beatles show on Sirius radio -- and were thoroughly entertained. Then we attended a very nerdy lecture on how academics are studying (and teaching) The Beatles at the university level. I enjoyed it. My oldest friend is not as geeky as I am, because she annoyed me by tap-tap-tapping away, texting on her phone, while the authors and professors spoke.

I didn't stay annoyed for long, though. First of all, she and I only had this weekend together. Secondly, it's kind of hard to be pissy when you're up to your hips in Beatles. And thirdly, look who I found on our ridiculously big hotel room TV.

Baseball and Beatles. What's not to love?

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.



 

2 comments:

  1. Baseball and Beatles! I bet you were in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rizz on a big screen! I love your fandom.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.