Tuesday, August 16, 2022

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 16

Today's happiness -- Hi, Aaron!

Aaron was my boss in 2021. He was a breath of fresh air: creative, collaborative and supportive. Everything you want in a supervisor. Plus, I really liked him. When he left in January, it broke my heart. Because he relocated to California, I was able to meet up with him when I attended the TCM Film Festival in April, and today, I Zoomed with him.

I was very happy to hear what's going on his world. He's still with his lady, Amanda. He loves their life together but there have been some hiccoughs (her favorite uncle died, he suffered a bout with covid, his job isn't what he expected). You know, though, no adult has a completely perfect life. He's fine financially and he's happy in love, and I'm happy to hear that.

Since he's a preacher's kid, I'm comfortable talking faith with him. This occurred to me as I was telling him how my faith guided a work decision I'd made. I knew he would get it. That was lovely.

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

SHOUT OUT TO COUNTRY DEW! I saw that you checked on me while I was MIA. That made me happy, too. Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. You're welcome. I like our little community here. I'm glad you caught up with your old boss, I know you liked him a lot. Moving on is hard and sometimes it's nice to look backwards and see something (or someone) good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I got your name wrong. I was posting a lot in a hurry and got sloppy. Apologies.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you kept in touch with your old boss. You're such a good friend.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.