Friday, June 16, 2023

In Baseball News ...

The Cubs swept the first-place Pirates! Yes, the Pirates are in first place in the MLB's shittiest division, but they're in first place nevertheless and my guys won three of three. Just when I think this season is going to be a wrenching, soul crushing waste of my time, magic happens. That's why I love baseball.

Meanwhile, in New York: My favorite-most ballplayer was injured in a collision at first base on May 28. He missed a few games with a sore neck and now that he's back, he's off somehow. His glove work is still exceptional, so I don't think the trouble is with his vision. But his timing at the plate is messed up, and nothing has seemed to go right for him on the basepads.*

Here's a photo of him in the dugout after another strike out. It breaks my heart. I wish the Yankees had officially put him on the IL so he could go down to AAA for a rehab stint and face minor league pitching for a few days. You know, like a lab to get his swing back. But with Aaron Judge injured and a rookie shortstop, I guess they need his maturity and steady glove on the field. And so he struggles.


But then there's Kevin. His dachshund is still a fan!



*Though it must be said he has never been a fast runner and has always looked graceless and silly when he tries. (But he does try!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.