Friday, June 16, 2023

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: Beautiful Boy (1980)

This song was chosen in honor of Father's Day. Hear it here.

1) Paul McCartney has said that "Beautiful Boy" is one of his favorite John Lennon solo songs. What's yours? (This link will take you to his greatest hits.) I'll go with "Watching the Wheels." It's a very wise song. BTW, June 18 is Sir Paul's 81st birthday.

2) Lennon wrote this for his son, Sean. Father and son share an October 9 birthday. Does anyone in your life share your birthday? Nope.

3) John asks Sean to take his hand before they cross the street. Name another song that references holding hands. Since I'm (always and forever) in a Beatles mood ...

 

4) Today Sean Lennon is in his late 40s. He lives in Greenwich Village, creating art and music from his elaborate home-based music and film studio. Are you into the latest in electronics? Nope.

5) In Thailand, Father's Day is observed on the birthday of the current King. Are you celebrating any birthdays this month? Just his.

They say it's your birthday ...

 
6) Crazy Sam vividly remembers her long-ago high school days when her father gave her driving lessons. Do you consider yourself a good driver? I don't drive. (I'm really quite boring this week, aren't I?)

7) Sam's dad is a stickler about car maintenance and reminds Sam to change her air filter regularly so her a/c and heater can run efficiently. Share a car maintenance tip. When it comes to oil changes, don't DIY. Let a pro handle it. It's not that expensive and they'll completely drain the oil receptacle (harder than it looks), dispose of the old oil in an environmentally sound and legal way (harder and messier than you anticipate) and refill with the right weight oil (more important than you may realize).

 
8) When he fills up the car, Sam's father also stocks up on his favorite candy: Life Savers. He always has a bag in the glove compartment. What's something you don't leave home without? My keys.


9) Random Question: How long can you go without checking your phone? If I'm not out and about, just hanging around the house, I only check it in the morning and at night. Unless the Cubs and Yankees are playing at the same time. Then I watch the Cubs on TV with the sound off and listen to the Yankees on my phone through the app. (And I get annoyed if anyone calls or texts and interrupts the audio.)


 

7 comments:

  1. This has absolutely nothing to do with Saturday 9, but I ran across this list this morning and thought of you: https://katiecouric.com/culture/book-guide/jackie-kennedy-books
    I don't know that I could listen to two different ball games at the same time and not get confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about you the other night. I was watching Jimmy Fallon and he had on Aaron Judge. Aaron was talking about how Rizzo was a huge reason why he stayed with the Yankees and he showed a picture of their dogs. They have play dates. Of course, Rizzo made me think of you.
    The Cardinals stink this year. They are hard to watch.
    I agree with you on the oil. I have always been sure to have to changed and top my fluids regularly. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can Paul be 81?!?!?! Seeing this picture of the Beatles performing and I'm 13 years old again ... butterflies in my stomach and all. Great questions this week ... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I said my keys, too. "Watching the Wheels" runs through my mind frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paul and my late aunt shared a birthday! I was today years old when I learned that, but pretty cool. I didn't "discover" the Beatles, the Beach Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd and other great bands from the 60's and early 70's until I was in jr. high in the late 70's. We moved near my aunt and my cousins' amazing record collection was there for me to borrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe Paul is 81! I loved the Beatles when I was young. I think I was in 4th grade when they played their first songs here. I can't drive in the evenings because of cataracts. My dad liked Life Savers too. I liked Certs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sir Paul is still lookin' good, isn't he? He's six months older than I am.
    And I forgot about "I want to Hold Your Hand"! You are just never boring.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.