Friday, June 16, 2023

Shake Shack with Elaine

Shake Shack is my friend's favorite burger place and so that's where we met for dinner tonight. 

I was happy to get her out of her own head a little. She's on the verge of losing her job and it's really bothering her. She came out of retirement to take this assignment on a freelance basis. She enjoyed it so much that, when they offered her a permanent position, she took it happily. Then the waters got rough. 

They put her on a 60-day probation, giving her specific goals to meet. If she doesn't accomplish them, FWAP! Off with her head. 

I don't know much about the company she works for, but I do know corporate America. It doesn't matter what Elaine does, she's toast. I'd bet anything her boss decided she's outta here and this probation is a charade to appease HR because Elaine is a non-white woman of a certain age.

I'd love to be wrong about this, but I don't think I am. 

But I enjoy riding the rails into the city, and with my senior discount, my ticket is only $2. Shake Shack is good food at a reasonable price. It was a lovely summer evening. I distracted Elaine from her problems. So in all, it was a good night. Or a good enough night. 



1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a nice dinner with your friend. I hope that everything works out for her. I am sure that dinner with you is an excellent distraction. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.