Friday, December 02, 2022

I chilled out

I've been tightly wound lately. So when today I found myself with nothing I needed to do -- no doctor's appointments, no calls about insurance -- I did what comes most naturally.

I went to the movies.

The Fabelmans is a movie about movies. It's Steven Spielberg's onscreen autobiography, and it's affecting and tender. 

I also had a nice big gooey bowl of pasta. Snarkypants sent me a gift card for my birthday and specified it be used for lunch. I respond to direct commands, so I did. (Thanks, Snarkela.)

While I have discussed with my shrink that my natural tendency toward alone time may not always be the best option for me, and consequently have gone out of my way to be social (separate birthday celebrations with one of my former coworkers and with Joanna, road trip with Elaine, weekly movie group), days like this have their place, too. 




1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.