Friday, December 02, 2022

A word about Constance MacKenzie


Like me, my Connie Cat has bad teeth.
She began her life with a hoarder, one of 26 cats in an apartment. When I adopted her, I was warned that her eyes and her gums were a mess because of poor diet. Look how wide those eyes are now. The photo below, taken when she first moved in here, shows how incredibly light sensitive her eyes were. Just keeping them open was a struggle.

The teeth are an ongoing issue, though. She's already had two teeth pulled and now we're looking at a third. This isn't surprising, really. At 11, she's approximately 60 years old in human years. Plus she had chronic gum disease for her first two years. 

Right now she's on an anti-inflammatory to combat a sore in her mouth. It might be an allergic reaction to her ceramic bowl -- since replaced with stainless steel. Next we have to have some bloodwork done. If she's in good shape, we'll schedule the extraction.

She is a sweet girl. She depends on me. As much as she hates the vet, I hate thinking of her being in any discomfort.

2 comments:

  1. Best wishes for Connie! I never heard of being allergic to a ceramic bowl. That's incredibly interesting. Was it painted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The difference between the photos is truly remarkable. The eyes, the healthy coat, the presence!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.