Friday, December 02, 2022

Reg is sad and I don't care

Apparently my friend Henry is still in the hospital. I gleaned that from Reg's 220+ word Facebook post. Mostly what I got from it is Reg visited Henry. The rest of it is Reg ruminating about how he has failed Henry. 

I agree with every syllable, but when I got to the end I wanted to comment, "Yeah, but when is Henry coming home? How is Henry feeling?" 

I didn't, of course. I'm angry, but I'm not cruel.

Besides, I don't know that Reg would even notice my comment. He's all about the emojis -- the cares, the sads, the loves. Most of the people who reacted don't even live in Key West and haven't seen Henry since the accident. Some haven't even met him. These are the people Reg wants to hear from. Not people who know the truth.

One woman -- unique in that she actually cares about Henry, knows him from church -- responded with: Now, while Henry is in the hospital might be a good time for you to talk with a therapist, a good time to just take care of you.

Yeah, like that's going to happen. 

We're now in December. I had made my peace with the idea that this Christmas will be the last time I'll ever see Henry. I'd kinda like to know if he will be out of the hospital, at home, or maybe in some kind of assisted living facility next time I see him. Or will I even be going to Key West for Christmas?

I will miss Henry. I love him.

Reg loves him, too. When I'm not mad, I'm sad that Reg's attitude precludes us comforting one another over what we have lost.


 

1 comment:

  1. Much love, Gal. This is a heartbreaking situation.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.