Thursday, April 28, 2022

Feeling Welcome

The signs up and down Hollywood Blvd. made us TCM Film Festival-goers feel like we were the main event.



Because of covid, there was no festival in 2020 or 2021, so it was great to back together again. Members of my movie group -- Will, Betty and Karen -- were there. I also ran into people I met in 2019 and have kept up with on Facebook. So even though I was traveling alone, I ran into friendly faces everywhere I turned. It was a wonderful feeling.

I felt rather beat up emotionally when I got on the plane. Henry and Reg have hit a very rough patch, and I don't know anything down there in Key West will get better while they refuse to help themselves. Work has been quite confusing and tense. I had a tooth pulled, and I was worried about the antibiotics and their impact on my gut (turns out I should have, but more on that later). 

So being in Hollywood, first seeing Aaron and then hearing, "Hey, Gal!" throughout the hotel or whenever I was in line for a movie was a balm to my soul.



2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a nice time. It does sound like a fun event. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have pre-covid friends to meet up with.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.