Saturday, April 16, 2022

Hi. I guess I am.

I had a tooth pulled Friday morning. I think I'm healing OK, but I'm not 100% sure because I'm still on painkillers. I'm aware of a little tenderness on the site, so maybe it would hurt like hell if not for pharmaceuticals. I'll know at about 4:00 AM, when this pill wears off. 

I didn't get any of the million thing done today that I intended to. I just haven't felt like it, and I'm following my feelings on this one. Babying myself. I have to be healed by dawn on Wednesday, because that's when I take off for Hollywood and The TCM Classic Film Festival. I have waiting for this vacation for so long, it would be a real shame if it didn't come off well.

I was going to go to church tomorrow. My first in-person worship in two years. Even knew what I'd wear: that pale blue/white print pullover I just got from Kohl's. The light color seems so appropriate for spring. But I think tomorrow I'll Zoom it again. I want to be as gentle with myself as possible to accelerate healing.

I am so grateful for Zoom. It would make me sad to miss church on Easter!



2 comments:

  1. The TCM Classic Film Festival sounds like so much fun! You will have a great time. Good for you for taking care of yourself. Zoom church is a true blessing for times like these. Heal quickly and have an amazing time at the film festival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do need to be well for that film festival, so good for you. I am sorry you had to have a tooth pulled, though. Growing old ain't for sissies.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.