Saturday, April 16, 2022

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: This Is the Way the Bunny Hops
(From the archives)
 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) Why do you suppose there are so many songs about Santa Claus, yet very few about the Easter Bunny? I don't know why, but I wish it weren't so. Easter is the holiday Crazy Sam has the toughest time finding songs for!

2) This song was written by The Kiboomers, two early education teachers who are passionate about the power of music to help kids learn. Tell us about a teacher who had an impact on your life. In high school, we had an American History teacher named Mr. D. He came to the school as a student teacher and stayed for more than 40 years (which I guess is pretty rare). He loved that school and he loved each one of us. I came to him at about the midpoint in his career. He encouraged us to think for ourselves about everything regarding America. He said it was up to us to make America a "more perfect union," and we couldn't improve it if we didn't recognize the weaknesses as well as the strengths. He didn't inspire my more activist patriotism (JFK did that), but he certainly nurtured it. I am grateful.

3) Legend has it that the Easter Bunny was introduced to America in the 1700s by German immigrants. These children waited for a magic creature who left colored eggs. Today's kids dye Easter eggs themselves. When did you most recently color eggs? It's been decades. My niece was a little girl and she's a married lady now.

4) The Easter Bunny is usually shown carrying a wicker basket filled with eggs, toys and candy. Is there any wicker in the room you're in right now? I have two magazine racks and then there are wicker baskets filled with "stuff." (Filling wicker baskets with "stuff" is how I organize.)

5) While marshmallow Peeps are manufactured all year around, they are most popular at Easter. Do you prefer the chicks or the bunnies? The chicks, but only
aesthetically. I really don't care for either.

6) A little time in the microwave can do ugly things to a Peep. Have you ever nuked a Peep? No, and I don't know anyone who has. This might be an urban legend. The WWG1WGA of holiday candy.
 
7) Would you prefer a hollow or a solid chocolate bunny? I prefer hollow. The thinner chocolate melts so fetchingly on my tongue.

8) A traditional American Easter dinner usually includes glazed ham or roast lamb. Which would you rather have as your main course? Ham.

9) Easter is considered the season of rebirth. What makes you feel refreshed or rejuvenated? Singing along with my shower radio every morning.
 

 

7 comments:

  1. #4 I have a wicker basket laundry basket that I inherited from my mother but it is starting to show its age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are both shower girls, I think. :-) Have a good holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet there are YouTube videos about putting a peep in the microwave. I have heard of it.
    I agree with you on #9. I Loved your answers! Have a blessed Easter weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ham, but many of my family members can't eat it. My parents use to buy the best honey backed hams. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #2--that's how I hope my students remember me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you try "Easter Parade" ? That's a great Easter song.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! Someone else who knows Peeps (in any form or flavor) are cute, but disgusting to eat.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.