Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Soon he will be gone!

One of the biggest, blackest clouds on my horizon is named Alex. He is incredibly self-assured, and he shouldn't be. The total tonnage of what he doesn't know about my client and their business model could fill a freight car. Yet he was brought in to play executive creative director on a high-profile (yet low return) project. 

He and I clashed from the moment we met. He thought I played "small ball," didn't reach for the big ideas. I think he's contemptuous of my client and their protocols. Obviously, we don't get along. I was sure that, when he was brought in full time, I would be axed. 

I would have been at peace with that. After all, he's no one I want to work with. And a new executive creative director has a right to bring in his own team. Plus I've been working since I was 17 and have never been singled out and let go. Ever. So maybe it's just my turn. 

I've been upset about it, though, because I simply cannot afford it right now. I am looking at a lot of dental work, and my retirement funds have taken quite a hit this year (as have everyone else's). Alex showed up to wreak havoc just when I could least afford it.

Well, I found out yesterday that Alex will not be my boss after all. He has accepted a full-time position with another agency and, as of April 29, will be out of my hair. Considering that Friday I have a day off (oral surgery) and then vacation the following week, I may never even see him again.

Ever.

That is good news. It's as though the sun has come out again.



4 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear this. May Alex be very successful....SOMEWHERE ELSE! I hope your oral surgery goes well.
    It is interesting how things often work out just the way they should. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! This is great news. I hope it eases your stress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahoo! And I'm excited that you're on vacation next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers to the ways and wonders of the Universe! I'm so so happy for you.

    Thinking of you with your dental stuff. I have had 1 of 4 implant$$$$$ put in - the other 3 are happening Monday and while it's a pain, it's a good thing in the long run.

    It's been more than 6 years from when my dentist suggested pulling all my teeth and getting dentures (!? NO!) to a new dentist telling me braces would go a long way (they did - 3 years of long way!) and now we are the final (I hope!) stage of the work with implants.

    Hang in there, Gal! Sending you love, healing, and pain meds if ya need 'em!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.