Saturday, March 12, 2022

Saturday 9

Beautiful Day (2000)

Unfamiliar with this week’s song? Hear it here.

1) This song is about finding joy in an imperfect world. What brings you joy today? Nothingness. I had a super busy week at work. A weekend with nothing on my calendar is just what the doctor ordered.

2) The lyrics mention being stuck in traffic. A poll of Boston commuters revealed that drivers have a variety of responses to be stuck in traffic — everything from bored to impatient to angry. How do you feel when you’re stuck in a traffic jam? It depends where I'm headed. If I'm trying to make it to the theater, or I have a plane to catch, I freak out. But otherwise, I just let it go. There's nothing really to be done.

3) This year Bono and his wife, Ali, celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary. Who is the longest-married couple you know? That would be my friend Mindy and her hubs. They are coming up on (gulp!) 40 years! They have been through difficult times -- finances, fertility -- but they have always been sure of each other. I think that's so romantic.

4) When Bono inducted Frank Sinatra into the Grammy Hall of Fame, he complimented Frank on his “swagger.” Do you think you have “swagger?” At times, at work, when the ground is very solid beneath my feet.

5) When U2 guitarist The Edge did a charity concert at the Sistine Chapel, he became the first rocker to perform there. If you were to travel to Rome, what sites would you be certain to visit? OK, ya got me. I'm really not all that interested in seeing Europe. It's such a long flight ... I only speak English ... I have a sensitive tummy .... all that said, I'm sure there are restaurants around Vatican City that would rock my pizza-loving world.

6) This week’s song was chosen because St. Patrick’s Day is coming up, and U2 is one of Ireland’s most famous exports. What else is Ireland famous for? Crystal

7) Corned beef and cabbage is a traditional St. Patrick’s Day dish. Is it a favorite of yours? I don't think I've ever had it. Am I missing something?

8) St. Patrick is credited with driving snakes out of Ireland. Ophiophobia is the fear of snakes. Do you suffer from ophiophobia? Not really. Snakes are not my favorite thing, but they don't freak me out.

9) St. Patrick’s Day fantasy: A leprechaun will share his gold with you, but you must request a specific amount for a single item. How much would you ask for, and what would you buy? $5,000 (I think). I'm getting a dental implant.


 


9 comments:

  1. Only 5000 dollars? I think i am far more greedier than you !
    I enjoyed reading your answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom has a friend who got an entire mouth full of implants for ZERO dollars. He's a veteran, and apparently the VA does them. Lots of people here make the trip across the border to Mexico (about 5 hours away) and get implants, as they are much cheaper. No thanks....I'd rather have a dentist right here in case something goes wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. $5000 for one implant?! Ugh. I have had a couple of teeth pulled because there wasn't enough left to anchor a crown to when they broke and I keep asking my dentist about a partial plate or a bridge or SOMETHING and he keeps putting me off and telling me to get implants. I would love to, but our insurance doesn't cover them at all and I need 3 so at your price that's $15,000! Not going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I went to Rome with my sister (the one that lived in Italy) I would totally go tourist and see all the sites. If I went by myself I would poke around and enjoy the atmosphere, people watch, and pig out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone else who doesn't want that leprechaun gold for land or house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be super excited about the food in Italy too! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that's a lot for a dental implant. I think I need to go brush my teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, I would say that you aren't missing anything by not having Corned beef and cabbage. lol I've had plenty of it as a kiddy.
    Now, I'm FREEEEEE!
    Implants are very expensive. It's the only way to save the teeth around it though. They fall in the "hole" so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  9. #2 I was stuck in traffic on the other side of the state and there was an accidents on the interstate that cause traffic jams in the area. I had allowed a 2 hour window between my doctors appointment and the presentation that I gave. As I ran into the doctor's office my blood pressure and heart rate was out-of-sight.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.