Sunday, September 18, 2022

There's something wrong here

To comfort myself after receiving a ton of bad news on Tuesday, I had meatballs. It was the first beef I'd had for a while, but I was looking for comfort from comfort food. Big mistake.

Every night since then -- Wednesday night, Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night -- I've had gut discomfort. Always at night. Sometimes just tenderness, sometimes vicious cramping. When it gets bad, I get scared.

I wake up in the morning, and it's gone. I wasn't even aware of it at the ballpark Friday.

I went to the doctor Saturday and she explained that my diverticula are inflamed. Because I have no fever of diarrhea, and since it comes and goes, she doesn't think it's full-blown diverticulitis. She also believes that stress from my personal life is exacerbating it.

Saturday night it started bedeviling me again at about 8:30 and it just got worse and worse. I did something just after midnight Sunday morning, I never do. I had my doctor paged. She called me back within minutes. I told her I was sure "something is broken inside."

My doctor assured me it's not. I need to drink more water -- lots more! -- and take Excedrin Migraine. I also soaked in a hot tub. I eventually fell asleep. I woke up this morning feeling fine.

What the hell.

My doctor is calling me today. She wants me to have a CT scan. As bad as the pain is, she reassures me I'm going to be OK. I believe her, because as I post this, I'm fine.

I trust my doctor. I give a little but sincere prayer of gratitude every time the pain passes. I hope that once I have the scan, we'll be able to proceed and treat it.


3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your doctor is responsive and reassuring. And I hope you get results soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your symptoms mimic Alpha Gal (food allergy to types of meat). You might ask to have the blood test for it. My brother has it and your description matches his almost exactly. Just a thought. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, a CT at the very least. I'm glad your doctor has ordered the test. Hope you feel a lot better and soon.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.