Sunday, May 29, 2022

Normally baseball makes me happy

I had games in my headphones all day. First Yankees/Rays, then Cubs/White Sox. Three of those teams look really good on paper. (Don't make me be disloyal and admit which one doesn't.) Yet both of these games were sloppy and weird as shit. 

It isn't just that both teams I cheer for lost. It's the hit by pitches, the player interference calls, the strike outs with players left on base ... the hot mess of it all.

Two games 1200 miles apart. It can't be the weather or something in the air. Maybe it's the baseball gods. They were hungry and demanded sacrifice.

I can see by Anthony Rizzo's reaction to striking out that I am not alone in my frustration.




2 comments:

  1. I follow the Red Sox because our nephew is a pitcher for that team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can think of is the bit from SNL about "Baseball has been beddy beddy gooot to me"

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.