Sunday, May 29, 2022

Happy Birthday to My Favorite C Student

I posted this last year, and I'm posting it again because it makes me smile.

In honor of his May 29 birthday, I give you John F. Kennedy's 7th grade report card.

Known as "a prankster" (aka "smart ass"), he could be disruptive in class. Throughout his academic career, teachers commented that he was "charming" and "clever," but none of his report cards was cause for celebration. He was, at best, an undistinguished student until he got to Harvard, where he graduated cum laude. Actually his college grades weren't so hot, either. His senior thesis, however, was outstanding, received a magna, and that high honor put him over.

As a solid C student myself, I love this very, very much. Some of us turn out OK. 



1 comment:

  1. I've read a lot of books about the Kennedy's but had never seen that report card so thanks for sharing it! Very cool. And yah, I don't think how well you do in school is that crucial to how you will do in life. I mean, I got mostly A's but never did anything with my education as far as a career so, what good was it, really? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.