Sunday, March 06, 2022

A warm, but still chill, Saturday

Yesterday was a good day. I have been starting to venture out and see friends -- three weekends of socializing in a row -- but that was enough. Now I'm happy to stick close to home for awhile.

The mercury climbed to 65ยบ and I wanted to get out in it. I headed off to the dollar store, walking more than a mile to and fro. I stocked up on stuff I use often that I pay more for elsewhere (especially the refills for the automatic air freshener spray near the litter box; $6.00+ at CVS and $1.25 at the dollar store). 

I also bought packages of generic lip balm that break down to 45¢ each. I picked those up for my "blessing bags." I've been carrying ziplock baggies in my purse that include a breakfast bar, tissue packet, cough drops, a $1 bill, and a mask. But as the mask mandate fades, I wanted a replacement item. Since masks are still required for public transportation, I'm going to continue including them for the time being, but I'm glad I have the lip balms on hand as we transition out of covid.

I swung by and picked up a double cheeseburger because, well, don't I have to undo fitness benefits I gained by walking? That's just how I roll.

All day, my oldest friend was popping into head. For example, while I was waiting for my burger, the restaurant was playing "Flashdance." It's hard to believe, but it's been nearly 40 years since she and I saw it at the movies. Just stuff like that. I know Snarkypants calls those "pings," and I took her advice and paid attention to them. I called my oldest friend.

We talked for (gulp) three hours! She sounded good and happy, which is a relief. She updated me on her life and on her daughter's life, and I'm so glad they're getting along. Until comparatively recently, she was much closer to her son and I worried her daughter was neglected. Yes, her daughter is now 24, but a girl always needs her mom and I think it's great that their relationship is improved.

I'm anticipating a rough workweek ahead, and I'm glad I've been gifted with this lazy weekend to recharge in preparation.




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a truly delightful day! I hope the week isn't as rough as you anticipate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can go wrong following a PING! :) Glad you got to chat with her!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.