Sunday, March 06, 2022

Sunday Stealing

 Stolen from my blog buddy, Kwizgiver.

1. How long have you lived in your current residence? I moved in less than 60 days before 9/11, so 21 years. (I remember because I was so hopeful, unpacking ornaments ordered for my first-ever Christmas tree in my new home. Such a weird juxtaposition with the shattering news on my TV.)

 
2. What changes have you made to it since you got there? I renovated my bathroom in 2018, and it could already use a sprucing up. Actually, every inch of this place could use sprucing up.


3. What surprised you about living in your place or in your neighborhood? I'd never owned anything before. I miss having a landlord to fix things. I'm not good at this homeowner thing.


4. If someone were considering moving in next door, what would you warn them about? The elevator is more than 50 years old. It can be unreliable. Remember, "unreliable" and "unsafe" are different things. If it stops on the second floor for no particular reason, just go with it. It's really not worth the expense of an emergency call to the elevator repair company.


5. If you have to move in the next 45 days, what are you definitely not taking with you? Oh, so much! I don't know why I have such a hard time parting with things. I think it would take having to move to get me to really concentrate on getting rid of stuff.


6. What are you currently reading? A biography of Lady Bird Johnson. I find First Ladies fascinating.
 

7. What did you recently finish reading? Carl Bernstein's memoir, Chasing History: A Kid in the Newsroom.


8. What do you think you’ll read next? I don't know.


9. When did you take the road less traveled? I don't know that I have ever consciously chosen the road less traveled.


10. Did you ever participate in a talent show? I must have, but I don't remember.


11. When did you most recently strike out? I don't understand this question. "Strike out," like lash out? Or "strike out," like strike out on my own? Or "strike out," like three strikes and you're out?

12  Where do you go to find yourself? Home. I lock the front door and spend time by myself.


13. What do you have mixed feelings about? So many things! Life seems to become less black-and-white with passing year.


14. What did you most recently add to your collection of something? I ordered another Miche shell. BTW, Kwizgiver is the one who turned me on to these handbags.


15. When did something most recently stir you to tears? The Ukraine. Please, please remember who has been sympathetic to Putin and never let him near the Oval Office again.

 


 PS ...

 

If you'd like to read more Kwizgiver, go here 

 



 

4 comments:

  1. The Ukraine is certainly worth shedding tears over. And I won't forget. Others will, though. I had trouble with question #11, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ukraine has been heart wrenching for me, and for my Mom especially. You are dead on right about never letting that lunatic near Washington (or any other political office for that matter) again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have shed many tears over Ukraine also. Did I tell the story on my blog about one of my students? Years ago, I had a student from Ukraine. His family was on the news recently talking about how they are trying to contact family still in Ukraine, but they cannot make contact with them. It is heartbreaking. They are such a wonderful family and stressed to me that they are not from Russia, they are from Ukraine. I think that student would be in middle school now, but I have never forgotten them and how good they are. They did show the little boy in the story on the news, so it made my heart happy, but also sad to know their family in Ukraine is in danger. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might have to order that "Abagail" Miche shell--I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.