Sunday, November 14, 2021

Sunday Stealing

STOLEN FROM NED THE DUCK

Name Your Favorite…

    Place: Chicago's Loop. I just began commuting downtown again after 19 months of work-from-home. It's exciting to be back.


    Color: Cubbie blue. Here's a picture of the Chicago River, dyed Cubbie blue to celebrate the 2016 World Series.

 

    Smell: Cinnamon. At least I think it's still my favorite. I had covid last year, right around this time, and I'm very lucky that my case, while long lasting, was mild and I was never in danger of dying. It was not without consequence, though. Example: my sense of smell is forever changed. Scents I was neutral to before, like lavender and vanilla, are now more vivid. That's good. Scents I once liked, like citrus, now smell vile. That's bad. The smell thing: it's a constant, ongoing reminder of this pandemic.

    Magazine: Vanity Fare

    Texture: Do I have a favorite texture? I don't think so.

    Thing to do when bored: Nap.

    Precious stone: Sapphire. Not that I own one.

    Animal: Cat

    Time in history: 1960s, for the feeling that we were changing and as a nation could do anything.

    Font: Something san serif

    Sound: Cat purr

    Fruit: A toss up between apple and peach

    Vegetable: I'm going through a potato phase. Hash-browned, french fried or mashed.

    Store/shop: Target

    Quote:

 
    Historical figure(s):
Two very different people whose lives intersected.

Fascinating individually & together

    Letter: Do I have a favorite letter? I don't think so.

    Memory: First one that comes to mind is sailing through the air on the swing my grandpa built in his backyard.

    Dessert: Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. And a glass of milk, please.

    Candy: Right now I'm kind of craving an Almond Joy bar.

    Restaurant: My local coffee shop. Best breakfasts in town.

    Language: I only speak English.

    Thing to learn about: What I can accomplish

    Thing about yourself: I'm a good friend





6 comments:

  1. A purring cat - we have two and I didn't think about that.

    Cubbie Blue is nice - but I guess it's a colour used by a sorts team?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, somehow, poof - my comment disappeared, so I am not sure if you saw it...gotta love blogger. Anyway, I was going to say that I also love that quote from Nora Ephron. Hope you have a good Sunday. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They really dyed the river blue? Oh wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always like coming here... your answers were very intriguing because you explain them a bit I now know you better. Knowing each other is a good thing... the step to respect and community in a way. Sad about the lasting affects but you said it so well. Death is not the only consequence and people forget there are consequences to actions and choices as well as disease. I had meningitis and now transpose numbers years later.LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Target, too. And since I'm forced to mostly shop online, I find a lot of really cool stuff that wouldn't be in my "local" store.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a good friend. You did better at this than I did. I am sorry Covid has messed up your sense of smell. That must be frustrating.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.