Sunday, November 14, 2021

Better each day

Connie had dental work on Friday: a tooth extraction and something I don't quite understand with her gum/top lip. I brought her home Friday night and she was sooooo full of anesthesia and pain killers. Her gait was so wobbly she literally fell into her water bowl. She was confused and all she wanted to do was hide under the bed.

I woke up Saturday and she was beside me on top of the bed. My waking disturbed her and she continued behaving oddly, just a different kind of oddly. She mewed a bit, conversationally, walked around the apartment as if to reassure herself everything is where it should be, and back under the bed. It was an improvement.

Connie on the Cubbie throw last spring
I was out all day Saturday. When I got home, I did laundry and paid bills. The temperature had dipped and, when I got ready for bed, I got out the Cubbie throw. Connie has always loved the Cubbie throw and regarded it as her good friend. Seeing it again, feeling it under her paws again, after six months. helped shake her out of her stupor. Purring, flipping back and forth, she was more like her old self.

She still hasn't eaten anything or even drank water (at least not in front of me). She's interested in what Roy Hobbs is up to, but not prepared to participate in any of his games. So she's still not well.

But Saturday night was better than Friday night, and I predict Sunday will be better yet.

Thank God! I was so, so worried about her.


1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.