Wednesday, August 25, 2021

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 24

Today's happiness -- Social Security. Received my Social Security Benefits Statement today. It made me happy to see how much I'll get every month. When I've run the numbers, anticipating retirement, I've never included Social Security in my calculations because the rules keep changing about when/how much I could collect. 

Soc is not enough to live on but it's not insignificant, either. I feel better about my post-working future, which comes closer every day!

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.


2 comments:

  1. I need to look up my social security benefits. I don't get the paper statements every year, and I did not log in and look at my benefits this year. I still have five years until retirement from teaching, and boy, I will tell you, that at this point I am sure looking forward to that! My hubby is waiting to take his Social Security until he can get the higher benefit, because I am still working, but yes, Social Security is a significant and important safety net for so many people. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exciting. I can't wait to retire!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.