Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Worried, worried, worried

My nephew is back on campus and everyone who steps foot on campus has to self-check for covid. I'm sorry, but this online questionnaire is simply not good enough. 

People who are so blinded by anger or brainwashed by misinformation will simply lie. They may feel that by lying they are striking a blow and "owning the libs."

No, these dumbshits will simply be putting my much-loved nephew at risk. 

Plus he loves school, loves being back on campus. Fortunately, masks are required indoors in all public spaces and he reports students are willingly complying. I hope he gets through his senior year, healthy and without interruption. This is so important to him, and he is so important to me,


3 comments:

  1. I understand your concerns and I know the feeling. Things are going well with my older grands and mask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand. My son is going back to campus in person this fall as well. He is vaccinated and will wear a mask. His college is "strongly encouraging" vaccinations, but no doubt there will be some anti-vaxxers who simply refuse. It is so very frustrating. So many horrible diseases have been eradicated with vaccines and many have even prayed for a "miracle to end Covid" but when we have it in the form of a vaccine, they refuse to take it. At the high school where I teach, no mask mandate and the vast majority are not wearing them. No social distancing. People are going to get sick. I have been vaccinated and also wear a KN 95 mask every day, but I do worry. I will get the third booster as soon as I can. I also have a little grandson who has battled brain cancer and his sister is immunocompromised. They are both too young for the vaccine. How does someone's "freedom" mean its OK to put my grandkids at risk? Ugh. Sorry. You got me started. I hope you nephew stays safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your nephew has a healthy and happy senior year! I can't believe he's a senior in college!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.