Friday, May 01, 2020

Those who pay the dearest price

I am, naturally, appalled by the self-important whiners who act as though their civil rights have been severely impeded by a once-in-a-century pandemic. It's offensive to see safety precautions akin to those put in place for hurricanes and tornadoes compared to "fascism."

It also belittles the true victims: Those who have lost their lives and lost their loved ones. Those who will continue to suffer loss of life. Look at this headline. Consider that six-figure number.

Here's a link to this story

I close with the quote by the Montebello company executive fulfilling the body bag order: "I hope to God that they don't need my order and that they cancel it." Here's hoping this government estimate is far off, and the anguish represented by that number is never realized.



2 comments:

  1. Has he sent condolence messages?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lack of empathy from the federal government is heartbreaking. He's such a bully, mean, selfish, and the most unkind person I have ever had the misfortune to have to listen to. He has no soul.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.