Monday, October 22, 2012

Maybe it's me


So now I have seen Garbo in Camille. While she and Robert Taylor had an undeniable chemistry and the movie was beautifully made, I must admit when it was over I felt a little underwhelmed.

I mean, GARBO! She's such a legend. And for me, she just didn't live up to the hype. She gave a good performance but I wasn't especially moved by it. And I don't think her face is perfect and spellbinding.

I'm rather sorry I watched it. I feel kinda like I did when I figured it out about The Tooth Fairy.




1 comment:

  1. I think she's more of an icon of her time. At this point, the legend is larger than the truth.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.